1. Monitor Your Calories – This is nothing but simple math. If you are burning more calories every day than you are taking in, you will lose weight. This is known as a “calorie deficit” and is the cornerstone of your weight loss plan. On average, if you burn 3,500 calories, this will result in a 1-pound reduction in bodyweight.
2. Increase Protein Intake – Not all calories are created equal. For example, 100 calories of saturated fat will have a far different effect on the body, as compared to 100 calories of lean protein. A little fact to remember is that the human body actually burns more calories digesting protein, as opposed to carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, the higher your diet is in protein, the more calories you will be burning for free.
3. Beware of Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates are somewhat of a necessary evil. There are good kinds and bad kinds. Also, we need them for energy, but if we eat too many, we will keep the excess as body fat for later. The most important type to be aware of are simple carbohydrates, such as white bread and candy. Simple carbs will raise your insulin hormone levels and probably lead to further fat gain. Stick to complex carbohydrates, such as sweet potato, whole grain bread and rolled oats, as these do not affect insulin as much.
4. Cut Carbohydrates Before Bed – If you are trying to lose fat, never have carbohydrates before going to bed at night. This again relates back to that insulin hormone and its ability to wreak havoc on your weight loss goals. The obvious way around this issue is to only eat protein after dinner, such as whey shakes, prawns or eggs: It’s up to you.
5. Always Combine Carbohydrates – Although carbs can be detrimental to your weight loss, you can actually offset the damage by ensuring that you always combine carbs with fats and protein. Never consume carbs on their own, as this is nearly guaranteed to put your body into fat storage mode.
6. Nitric Oxide Before Retiring – This is one of the easiest and most effective fat loss tips you will ever hear. Around an hour before going to bed at night, take up to 10 grams of nitric oxide supplement. This has been shown to boost growth hormone levels quite significantly and therefore lead to a boost in metabolism while you are sleeping.
These commandments are tried and true. They will work and they do work. I know this because I have experimented, so to speak, with my clients and whenever these rules are followed, the fat burns away quickly. I will be sharing even more fat loss tips in a follow-up to this report, so until next time, go and put these commandments into practice.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Stamford
Fat Loss Tips – The 6 Commandments of Fat Burning
Commandments of Fat Burning, Fat Loss, Fat Loss Tips